If you follow Dockwa on social media, you may have already seen our latest update announcing our new Contracts tool for marinas. Here's the...
Driving More ROI with Marina Automation
Between managing all of the transactions, meeting boaters as they pull into your dock, and the administrative paperwork that needs to get done, being a marina manager requires you to think quickly on your feet, multi-task, and figure out where to direct your focus at any given moment.
Automating key marina operations doesn’t have to be scary or impersonal - it can actually free up time spent on manual or mundane tasks and help you focus on how to bring in more boaters, make more transactions, and provide an optimal customer experience.
Marinas can significantly benefit from automation in many ways, including:
- Increased Efficiency: Automating routine tasks using marina management software can reduce the workload for marina staff, making it easier to manage operations more efficiently.
- Higher Accuracy: Automated systems can eliminate human error or oversights, ensuring that processes are handled accurately and quickly. This can prevent miscommunication and mistakes that can lead to costly errors or safety risks.
- Greater Control: Marina automation enables managers to access real-time data on foot traffic, boat movement, and enhancing oversight and control over facility usage and operations.
- Enhanced User Experience: Automation can significantly enhance the user experience, allowing boaters to quickly and easily access services like online slip booking, fueling, or other services. Easy scheduling helps optimize boater experiences while reducing waiting times.
- Cost Savings: Automation can streamline manual processes, reducing labor costs and freeing up resources to use elsewhere. Overall, increased efficiency, accuracy, and control can result in immediate cost savings for the marina.
In addition, automation can help improve safety and security, promote eco-friendliness, and provide better data for decision-making.
What are some ways you can implement automation for your marina operations today?
- Implement an online reservation form and system that allows your boaters to automatically book and request transactions with you whenever it works for them. This also automates collecting boater, registration, and payment information into a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Automate your billing and accounting so you aren’t scrambling to find receipts, balance your book, and run financial reports for reconciliation and analysis every month.
- Set up your marina contracts to get sent and signed digitally and automatically so you don’t have to worry about manually mailing them out and tracking received signatures and payment.
- Automate tedious tasks like slips assignments and dockwalking with a system that gives you a real-time, at-scale representation of your marina map, allowing you to make changes quickly.
By embracing features like digital contract automation, marinas can increase revenue while simultaneously improving services to boaters and customers.
Dockwa is a full marina management software with a built-in network of over 300,000 boaters that streamline your entire operation so you can get your Saturdays back. With Dockwa, you can automate your repetitive tasks like boater inquiries, contracts, and billing and speed up your tedious tasks like slip assignments and dockwalks. Additionally, Dockwa gives boaters online tools to reserve, pay, and communicate on their own time. In return, you’ll collect 5-star reviews which will generate new and repeat business.