Burr’s Marina is a full-service marina located on the Connecticut bank of the Long Island Sound in the delightful seaside town of New London. The staff at the marina has the skill and expertise to make your stay has comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The marina itself has been serving the New London boating community for over 100 years. The location of Burr's marina makes it a perfect home port between day trips to Montauk, Block Island or Martha's Vineyard!
- Services and repairs such as complete hull and engine repairs
- Accommodations for vessels up to 120 feet
- Laundry services available to all guests
- Swimming pool and picnic area for an afternoon of unwinding
- Breakfast: Retro-themed Sweeties Bakery and Cafe is the perfect place to pick up a quick breakfast and coffee before heading out on the water for the day.
- Lunch: Captain Scott’s Lobster Dock will satisfy a lifetime of fresh seafood cravings. Enjoy your lobster roll or seafood platter while taking in the beautiful view of the harbor!
- Dinner: On The Waterfront is located right at the base of the pier and is raved about by locals for its amazing seafood dinners.
- Dessert: Cool off from a hot summer day with the insatiably delicious homemade ice cream at Michael’s Dairy.
- The on-site ship store is fully stocked with all of the boating supplies and gear you might need.
- For the fishermen out there, A.W. Marina Bait & Tackle is just s short walk from Burr's Marina and can help with any of your fishing-related needs.
- Montauk Avenue is host to many convenient stores that are perfect for grabbing essentials before a long day out on the water including the Montauk Ave Liquor Store and a Cumberland Farms.
Things To Do:
- New London Ledge Light, the only floating lightouse in the world, has been newly renovated and can accommodate visitors traveling via boat. Come experience this piece of history just a few minutes from the marina!
- Spend an afternoon paying tribute to and learning about the history of The United States Coast Guard at the USCG Museum, located right on the USCG Academy campus.
- Cruise around the Long Island Sound waters and make a day trip to Block Island or Montauk!
On your next trip to Burr's Marina, consult Dockwa to eliminate the hassle and headaches of making slip or mooring reservations!
By: Team Dockwa
Published on 7/16/15 4:00 PM